Thursday, February 18, 2021

Between the Pines

 


This piece I drew while taking a virtual art class that focused on creating potential pages in an adult coloring book.  For the assignment the instructor provided an image of a mountainous landscape that the students were to use as inspiration.  So, I got busy.  In the original photo there was a cabin in the center with a winding road passing through the scene and connecting to the dwelling.  As you look, notice a portion of the passageway that I retained along with the quote that I strung across the first open expanse.  For me, in this creation the words seemed meaningful as my eyes explored the design and moved effortlessly with the lines and shapes.  Ah....

"When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy."

                                                                                                                         --Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment