Monday, February 28, 2022

Early-morning Surprise

 




As seen in the above photo, it was a partly cloudy early morning as my husband and I walked on the beach; however, that did not matter as I was mesmerized by the colors of the gulf waters, entertained by the shore birds, lost in the expansive horizon and delighted by all of the surprises left behind by the tide.  In addition to some beautiful shells, the sponges were some of my favorite finds.  Although I knew of sea sponges, I had never found them on a beach.  As we strolled along the shore, we found that initially they rolled in on the waves as little orbs similar to the size of a walnut.  As they lingered out of the water they expanded and their numerous hitchhikers were visible.  What a treat to find these in our path. Ahhhhh.....something beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment