Thursday, September 15, 2022

Cave Point

 



"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf."
                                                                            --John Kabat Zinn


The above quote resonates with me as it seems that for the last few years I have done a lot of surfing and often it does not feel glamorous nor even desirable.  However, a good thing that has emerged from my surfing is that I have allowed myself to acknowledge ALL of my emotions, feelings, and experiences,  including those that feel terrible.  And, I have also given myself time to do things that I truly love, including more time devoted to being creative and sharing my art as well as spending a lot of time on or near water.  

The latter is evident as I recently spent a chunk of time in Door County Wisconsin.  That area, especially in summer and early autumn, in my estimation, is divine.  These images are from Cave Point where the waves roll into the rocks and Mother Nature treats all visitors to her version of a sound bath....ahhhhhh....something beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment