Thursday, March 26, 2020

Gratitude


Currently for many of us, stress and anxiety seem like our new companions who hang out right on our shoulders and fill our consciousness with all sorts of things.  Anyway, so often I read about the positive impact of gratitude and how it really does make a difference.  And, as I was reviewing my images of previous months of March in Iowa, I came across these photos from 2013 and the snow-covered  landscape.  That year bitter cold lingered for quite some time and caused disruptions for many folks due to frozen pipes and plumbing issues.  Quickly I realized how grateful I now am for the more moderate temperatures and lack of snow so that those who want to escape life indoors can more easily step outside for a brief reprieve.


"Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more.
  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order,
  confusion into clarity...
  It makes sense of our past,
  brings peace for today,
  and creates a vision for tomorrow."
                                                                                             --Melody Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment