Thursday, March 12, 2020

Spaghetti & O's


This is one of my original pieces of art that includes repeating patterns -- you can see them.  This art form is often referred to as tangling, or the Zentangle method of using repetitive designs to create some really cool stuff.  It's easy -- pen and paper.  Most often I use a black marker and some beautiful paper from the folks at Zentangle.  To see all the latest updates, products and amazing artwork, visit zentangle.com.

Anyway, while I was drawing the top portion I started smiling thinking of when I was a kid and loved that canned pasta of O's and tomato sauce.  Now, not so much but as a youngster it was always a favorite pick.  In the above image I like to think of it as strands of spaghetti with coils of O's floating on air currents while anchored to a small portion of flooring from a 50's diner. 

"Think left and think right and think low and think high.
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!"
                                                                                                                         --Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment