Thursday, March 4, 2021


The above image is small but it contains a sampling of some of my recent creations combining calligraphy and tangling.  Currently I'm taking a virtual calligraphy class for beginners.  Certainly I'm a novice in the practice but I do know I've loved the artform since I was a youngster.  For years I would purchase various calligraphy markers and play around with some techniques and let it go at that.  Then the pandemic forced us all to do some things differently and that included giving me access and the time to take online art classes, including calligraphy.  For that I'm grateful.

At the moment March is bringing warmer temperatures and sunny skies to Iowa -- how refreshing!  When I look out the window or go for a walk, it feels like a rebirth with the snow rapidly receding and birds chirping.  Ahhhh.  More green will soon appear on the landscape; however, with St Patrick's Day just ahead, I envision more green in the images on this blog, including that particular leprechaun who always makes an appearance.   As for the image below, it's a peace lily that's in our home -- more green, cleans the air and is beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment