Monday, April 26, 2021

#1500

 


This post is number 1500 -- yes, 1500 blogposts -- since I entered the blogging world.  On March 27, 2012 I had the courage to give it a try and share my love of photography, art, nature, quotes and any blooming thing with the world.  This blog has been a gift as it allows me to use my talents, create something beautiful, write about it and pass it on.  Thank you to my loyal followers and for the kind remarks that are left as comments or are sent via email.  And, although I don't typically keep a daily journal, this collection of 1500 entries is similar in that it offers a glimpse of the past while also inspiring and informing my ongoing creative pursuits.  



Today's photos feature magnolia trees and their amazing blooms.  About a week ago I photographed the many types of magnolias at the Dubuque Arboretum and was treated to warm sunshine, the blue sky and these enormous flowering trees swaying gently in the breeze.  And, because flowers are some of my favorite subjects that appear quite often in my work, I'm thrilled to use these gorgeous images as I celebrate a blogging milestone.

"The earth laughs in flowers."
                                                                                                 --Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment