Thursday, April 29, 2021

Tulip Time


Whenever I see tulips in bloom I feel excited like a child that just got her favorite toy.  I want to stop the vehicle, walk among them and photograph each of these beauties.  And, as I've learned, capturing a decent picture of them is challenging -- the lighting, background, wind and so on can create interesting circumstances for the photographer.  Nevertheless each spring their arrival is a wonderful gift that I'm eager to see and share.  


"Daffodils blossom and tulips jostle to the front of the stage in April. I love these early perennials: they may be more modest but they nearly all have that one special quality that a plant needs to transform your affections from admiration to affection - charm."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       --Monty Don

 

No comments:

Post a Comment