Monday, October 25, 2021

Autumn on the River

 


Need a break from the news, social media, work, and whatever else keeps coming to mind?  Perhaps a slow drive through some tree-lined streets, a walk in a nearby park, a hike in the woods or just a few deep breaths and some of your favorite music.  For me, walking along the river soothes my soul and connects me to the universe and all living things.  It's magical yet free and easy to access.

These images are from Lake Delhi.  A few days ago it seemed that almost instantly the leaves turned from blah to beautiful.  So, of course, I went for a walk and started taking pictures....and about two hours later, after covering less than a mile, I returned to my place.  

Inhale.  Exhale.  Walk.  Look up.  Look down.  Look near.  Look far.  Look left.  Look right.  Listen to the river.  Listen to the woods.  Listen to the sky.  Repeat.


"Is this not a true autumn day?
Just the still melancholy that I love -- 
that makes life and nature harmonize."
                                                                                                               --George Eliot


No comments:

Post a Comment