Thursday, November 11, 2021

Inspired

 



If you regularly follow my blog, the above image may surprise you as it seems atypical since most posts feature anything related to nature, our surroundings and my artistic creations.  Occasionally I share photos of landmarks, art exhibits and other beautiful places that I love and think would interest readers; however, this creation is rare.  So, how did this come to be?  The short answer is that recently I participated in a virtual Zentangle art seminar with co-founders Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas.  During that time we studied some of the art created by a few world-reknown artists and took inspiration from their amazing work.  This particular piece was inspired by Salvador Dali as well as my own desire to break ever so slightly yet boldly with the pattern.  Despite the blur, the latter is obvious in the bottom right quadrant.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world.  
Most people exist, that is all."
                                                                          --Oscar Wilde




No comments:

Post a Comment