Monday, January 17, 2022

Warhol & His Soup

 

Little Campbell's Soup Can by Andy Warhol

Recently I saw this Warhol painting in an exhibit at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City.  Many things about it drew my attention, including the familiar label that was a household name during my childhood.  And, after reading more about his inspiration for the piece, I learned about him as a famous artist with a career that influenced folks around the globe.  But most importantly, in my opinion, I connected with him as an ordinary person and a consumer who had certain habits, favorites and ways of being in the world.  As an artist, the statement that most resonated with me was about the "powerful connection between art and life."  As I put pen to paper and draw or photograph things and write about them in this blog, the themes/subjects that reappear are simply those that I love. 


"We lose ourselves in the things we love.  

We find ourselves there, too."

                                                                                                     --Kristin Martz

No comments:

Post a Comment