Thursday, April 30, 2020

A Path


"If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads."
                                                                                                                 --Anatole France

Prior to the outbreak of Covid-19, I would have posted this photo with the corresponding quote and left it at that; however, after several weeks of our paths looking drastically different than we previously would have imagined, I felt compelled to write a bit more.  

In my case, as a teacher attempting to teach remotely, there really is no path as it's essentially just doing my best within the guidelines outlined by administrators to provide learning opportunities to students and stay in touch with them regarding their progress.  Sound simple?  It's not. 

However, relatively speaking, my existence has been easy when compared to those in other professions who can't stay at home or who lack resources for their basic needs.  Although my path in the last while has looked much different than during other school years, I do have food and shelter and safety in my home.  So, again, I am grateful for so much and keep so many other individuals in my thoughts as their paths at this time are much more challenging than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment