Monday, April 20, 2020

Ahhh....Daffodils


This post makes me happy as I think of some of the simple pleasures that bring much joy, including warmer temperatures and all sorts of things emerging with new life.  This image of daffodils is a perfect example.  Even in these times of social distancing, if you are in your vehicle or walking outdoors, take a look as something just might be blooming right in front of you.  Finally, I delight in the William Wordsworth poem about daffodils but below is only one stanza.  Hope you will take the time to look up the entire piece as it's a great visual description and uplifting.

"Daffodils"

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."

                                                                                          -- William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment