Monday, April 30, 2018

YELLOW


Yellow by LEGO Artist Nathan Sawaya


LEGO Artist Nathan Sawaya created YELLOW and several other amazing sculptures with LEGO bricks.  As pictured below, YELLOW includes over 11,000 pieces.  In the artist's explanation he states that this is one of his best-known pieces, and personally it resonated with me.  First, it's stunning, very life-like and the actual size of an adult.  In addition, for me, several things immediately came to mind, including the fact that artists truly expose themselves as they construct the art and then make it available for public viewing and all sorts of reactions.   This I've experienced on multiple occasions with my photographs.   In addition, I also thought of my work as an educator and how I pour myself into that -- navigating the daily interactions, keeping pace with endless preparation, constantly adhering to curriculum mandates and on and on...whew.  Anyway, I love this piece.  

THE ART OF THE BRICK exhibition runs through May 28 at Union Station in Kansas City.




No comments:

Post a Comment