Thursday, August 16, 2018

Upcycling

Before

Admittedly I'm very fond of Starbuck's unsweetened cold brew coffee but prefer the taste of it sold in the small brown bottles rather than in the larger multi-serving plastic container.  However, I cringe each time I drop the bottle in the recycling bin and feel compelled to try to creatively reuse the container.  

So, I decided to try something ... and, the result can be seen in the next image.  

Trust me when I say this was super easy as I first pulled off the two large stickers and then wrapped raffia around the sticky residue that remained.  Next, I went to a craft bin in my basement and found a few autumn-colored piques of berries and leaves.  Total prep time was under twenty minutes.  This arrangement is going to be a gift but I have lots of ideas for recycling more of these little brown gems.

After

No comments:

Post a Comment