Thursday, January 24, 2019

Perspective


"Discovery consists not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes."
                                                                                                       --Marcel Proust

As someone interested in artistic endeavors, the above quote resonated with me and my take on this image.   Here's the story:

 Each June for several consecutive years I attended and photographed an annual small-town Iowa celebration that included a parade and three nights of rodeo action.  Since my husband's family was proud to drive their fleet of restored tractors in this popular event, I found myself hunkered down curbside trying to capture these moments for my beloved....usually hot, sweaty and fatigued from lugging around a large lens and doing intermittent squats for about two hours...I think you get the picture.  Anyway, one year prior to the start of the parade, I stumbled upon some beautiful vintage automobiles lining the route and realized the photo opportunities in those shiny hubcaps -- new eyes in a very familiar land.

No comments:

Post a Comment