Thursday, March 5, 2020

Still Going


Although Christmas is beyond two months in the rear-view mirror, one souvenir remains.  It's a gorgeous poinsettia that is small in size, measuring under a foot tall, but stunningly beautiful with its endless red leaves.  Remember, the leaves of this plant change from green to red and are often mistaken for petals.  The actual flowers are the tiny yellow pieces at the center of each leaf bract.

Anyway, a short time before Christmas I saw this darling little bundle in a local grocery store and found it too adorable to leave behind.  I assumed, as with all the other poinsettias I've had, that by now this little gem would not be thriving.  However, this past holiday was especially difficult with the loss of a very dear loved one.  My heart was broken with her passing but each time I see these glorious red leaves I feel reassured that her gentle spirit and loving disposition are ever present.

No comments:

Post a Comment