Thursday, May 20, 2021

Emerging

 


This image of beautiful variegated iris bundles popping through the soil and back into life seems like the perfect metaphor for my life after receiving the COVID vaccine.  Although my second vaccination was in late March, my re-entry in the world outside my door has been unhurried and often calculated with one positive experience providing confidence and courage to venture out again.  Following nature's lead seems perfect for me -- slow and steady with no pressure.  This picture also speaks to me in how we progress in stages as we are ready for them.  For this plant, the same is true as now the soil and stalks are clearly visible and the roots provide a foundation.  In time mulch will be added, intricate colorful blooms will appear and little attention will be given to the supports underground.  The message for me and re-emerging is simple and parallels the lesson I observed in this perennial.  Thank you, Mother Nature.

“Adopt the pace of nature. 

Her secret is patience.”

                                                                                     – Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment