Monday, August 23, 2021

After the Rain


For much of the summer in these parts moisture has been scarce; however, a couple weeks ago, while I visited nearby botanical gardens, a thunderstorm blew through and pelted everything with much needed rain.  And, since I found shelter outdoors under an installation in one of the gardens, as soon as the rain stopped, I resumed my tour.  Of course, for many reasons, I was grateful for the rain and the enormous droplets on so many blooming things.  Given the storm and the extended photo shoot, I enjoyed even more time in one of my favorite settings.  It was something beautiful.

"There is simply the rose;  
it is perfect in every moment of its existence."
                                                                                       --Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment: