Monday, September 27, 2021

On the Peninsula

 


Recently my husband and I spent time in Door County, Wisconsin and toured the area on our bicycles as we participated in an organized event that included approximately 150 riders.  As we pedaled through this stunningly beautiful area full of amazing vistas, the temperatures were warm yet moderately cool and crisp with mostly sunshine, puffy clouds and light winds.  Ahhhhh....the entire week was something beautiful.  Since I love the water, harbors, boating, cycling and quaint villages with splendid architecture, this was an ideal vacation. And, in case you wondered, throughout six days in the saddle, I logged 181 miles.  So, I spent a portion of each day riding and then relaxing and taking in some wonderful attractions.  Now, of course, I'm back in Iowa; however, this scenery and the lake life remains permanently etched in my being.

Regarding these images, all are from the village of Egg Harbor with the first two being scenes from the marina and a town park.  The third photo is another park along the bay that contains a great lookout area and has delightful sculpture.




1 comment:

  1. You rode your behind off! But, these views look like a wonderful reward.

    ReplyDelete