Monday, November 22, 2021

Stunningly Beautiful


Recently I felt like I won millions in the lottery as I was driving on a county road and saw this amazing blaze just above the horizon.  Knowing that I could not enjoy the scenery while moving at 55 mph, I pulled onto the shoulder and sat quietly as I was mesmerized by the colors, the expansiveness of the landscape and the beauty surrounding me.  After a few minutes I realized this might be a great photo opportunity; however, I felt reluctant to do anything but just enjoy the view.  The thought of trying to capture the perfect photo really was not appealing as I sat quietly in the stillness.  So, I sat for a while longer and then made a deal between my head and my heart:  just take a few pictures, do not look at the images until later and let go of the desire to take an award-winning photo.  And, that proved to be perfect as I love this image with the stunning sunset along with so many amazing lines in the concrete, paint, gravel, rolling hills and the sky as they move the eye and create interest and balance....ahhhh...something beautiful without trying so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment