Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Reusing

Yes, Easter is now in the rear-view mirror but I simply thought this was too cute ( and super easy ) not to share.  And, maybe it will inspire you to do something similar for May Day, a birthday gift, Mother's Day or an end-of-the-year gift for a teacher (that your child could probably make...with a little help from you.)

                            

For years I have been admiring the pretty pattern on the inside of this sturdy tea box, but, instead of tossing it in the recycling bin, I finally saved it and did something creative for Easter.  Basically, with a glue tape runner, I rebuilt the box using the existing folds and flaps but in the opposite direction. Since I wanted to use this as a basket, I cut off the top flap; however, if you plan to use it as a gift box, that flap remains intact and there is no need for a handle.  Next I punched a hole in two sides and braided three pipe cleaners to create the handle.  

                                 

Next I embellished the sides with scrap paper and stickers that I already had.  Feel free to add whatever you'd like or just leave it as -- your choice!

                                

Once finished decorating the basket/gift box, fill it with whatever you had in mind and be sure to take a picture so you can remember how cute yet easy this project is!

                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment