Thursday, November 12, 2020

Good Enough

 


Like apples?  Yep, I love them but that’s not the theme of this post.  Actually, a while back I decided to leave my comfort zone for trying to draw and use color....since I always get most concerned with creating a masterpiece that would belong in a museum’s permanent collection....and that’s way too much pressure!  Anyway, I wanted to give myself a break, despite my tendencies to perfect, to just relax and enroll in an online colored pencil class.  Of course, I incorrectly also thought that we wouldn’t have to draw but rather would just practice techniques using orbs.  Now that thought seems so silly as it’s far from the truth.  Nevertheless, I engaged in the process, despite the drawing requirements, and have enjoyed the experience....although I initially resisted when in the 2nd class we were assigned 4 beautiful flowers as our homework.  And, after trying to draw roses and dahlias, this apple simply is “good enough.”


‘If you are waiting until you feel talented enough to make it, you’ll never make it.”

—Criss Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment