Monday, November 9, 2020

Knotted

 

Given the wonderful weather we’ve fortunately had for the last week, I’ve been kayaking and enjoying beautiful scenery and wildlife along the bluffs.  And I feel grateful almost beyond words as being on the water soothes my busy mind, softens my tightly held abdominal muscles and helps me center in the calm of the present moment.  That is a priceless gift.  And, of course, if you’ve read several of my posts over the last few months, you recognize this theme.  However, the new twist for this post features the first picture where the bobber and sinker are infinitely wound in the branch.  Unless cut free, they are permanently knotted in that place.  And this image instantly resonated with me as I thought about how it is so easy to get entrenched in thoughts and then remain permanently stuck....and maybe not in a place where we are truly free to live and love ourselves and what is....inhale....exhale.....repeat.  Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment