Monday, September 2, 2019

Sun Sets on Summer


Here in the USA today marks the unofficial end to summer as it's Labor Day.  For me the extended weekend offers a little extra time to do some of the regular tasks like laundry and mowing the lawn but also some time to enjoy the start of college football and a few more hours to indulge in my artistic endeavors.  But, since my childhood, there's really only once place I want to be on a warm-weather weekend -- at the cabin.  It's a small dwelling not far from home that sits on the backs of the Maquoketa River.  Albeit tiny, there's something magical about the setting and familiar scent that keeps me coming back.  A piece of my heart lives there.

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
                                                                                                                                                 --Celia Thaxter

No comments:

Post a Comment