Monday, September 28, 2020

Autumn Arrived

 


In these parts the arrival of autumn was glorious with blue skies, a gentle breeze, mild temperatures and hints of red, yellow and orange in the trees.  For me, as I spent time on the river in a kayak (that's the yellow section of the above photo), in a motor boat and swimming (yes, I wore a wetsuit), the day was perfect.  With these beautiful images I quickly recall that intense calm and joy I felt just being on the water.  Although, I do have to say that typically I don't take a phone/camera with me in the kayak -- I just want to be "unplugged" -- but snapping photos while trying to maintain my balance in that boat was a little unnerving at times when I forgot that I wasn't on land.  

"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."
                                                            --Elizabeth Lawrence



No comments:

Post a Comment