Monday, September 21, 2020

Workspace

 


Perhaps you're wondering how these three images are related.  Simply put, the first picture gives a glimpse of one of my favorite places to draw as I sit near the end of the dock overlooking the river and listen to feathered friends chirping, the occasional fish jumping, squirrel squawking, boat passing and the windsock moving to and fro.  A funny side note is that sometimes when I'm really focused on my art suddenly the wind stirs the nylon fish and it startles me.  Of course, in an instant I gasp,  jump and then laugh at myself.  

Below are a few recent pieces that I drew in this spot.  Does nature inspire my artwork?  Yes, but being in nature AND drawing patterns is a gift that I treasure as it soothes me and makes the rest of the world disappear.  And, voila, beautiful things appear on my paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment