Thursday, February 11, 2021

Mixing It Up



Currently I'm taking a virtual art class that has participants draw images that could be in an adult coloring book.  Initially I thought that topic might be too involved and/or too confining for my tastes; however, it's actually been just great.  Most of the time I create a piece that focuses on the assigned theme and then embellish it with tangles...ah...that's what I love -- repetitive strokes and soothing lines that let my pen and mind wander and relax.  For this assignment the instructor asked us to consider Japanese woodblock prints in creating our own landscapes that moved the eye using lines, cropping and unusual viewpoints.  Below is simply an extension of the original that includes a little color and gives the brain a change of pace.



No comments:

Post a Comment