Monday, February 22, 2021

Sigue

 


There is a song written in Spanish that contains the phrase "No pare.  Sigue, sigue."  It simply means don't stop.  Keep going.  

This time of the year, with the cold firmly entrenched and a snowpack over a foot deep, the above quote along with that short phrase resonate with me.  They are simple truths for anyone, anytime; however, given the headlines of this past year, these words are food for my soul.  In addition, I loved this beautiful photo of the exposed winter woods but found that I got lost in all the white and harsh constrasts; therefore, I made it more manageable by just highlighting a small portion and softening the rest.  Hmmm...sounds like a metaphor for my daily life -- take it in small portions (maybe just a moment at a time) and simplify as much as possible, including all the unnecessary stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment