Monday, October 21, 2013

A Church No More

 
So often I stumble across beautiful things that I never knew existed, including what appears to be a church in the photo above.  Recently I was photographing scenes along a river in the tiny Iowa town of Garber when I noticed this place still had what I thought was a Catholic church; however, after further investigation, I realized that was not the case.  Although the steeple remains atop the brick structure, it is now a private residence.  While I was snapping photos of the gorgeous maple tree in the foreground, one of the owners emerged and shared that she and her husband purchased the home several years ago after the church was closed.  She went on to say that this has been a labor of love and that they are constantly working on something within the dwelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment