Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Snowmen

Throughout the past few weeks eastern Iowa has received a lot of snow and these photos confirm that as the white stuff is clearly visible.  And, although I am ready for warmer temperatures and new colors of the landscape -- white & gray get a little old in March -- these snow people brought a smile to my face and made me think of times as a child when I built something similar and then searched for discarded items to give the white figure the perfect face, arms and other accessories.  Have a look and be sure to read the poem that follows.

 
The Snowman
 
Once there was a snowman
Stood outside the door
Thought he'd like to come inside
And run around the floor;
 
Thought he'd like to warm himself
By the firelight red;
Thought he'd like to climb up
On that big white bed.
So he called the North Wind,
"Help me now I pray.
I'm completely frozen,
Standing here all day."
 
So the North Wind came along
And blew him in the door,
And now there's nothing left of him
But a puddle on the floor!
 
                                                    --Anonymous
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment