Thursday, August 27, 2020

Love the Name

 Do you love uncommon words, clever phrases, puns, corny jokes, unique names and so on?  Of course, I do and that’s also the reason I bought the hosta that’s featured in the image below.  When I was strolling through the aisles of beautiful perennials, I was struck by this miniature hosta and its deep blue-green stems and leaves as they were tiny, compact and somewhat velvety.  Yes, I admit it was love at first sight but when I glanced at the name there was no doubt this little tike belonged with me.  So, I’m excited to introduce Blue Mouse Ears.  That title is spot on.  It makes me smile as I imagine a tiny rodent in this shade of blue....perhaps that would make a great children’s book....an entire family of mice all with velvety blue ears.  

No comments:

Post a Comment