Monday, August 3, 2020

Table of Plenty



What do you get with a miniature picnic table, a couple ears of corn, a tree and a few ratchet straps?  A squirrel's paradise -- an easily accessible perch on which to feast on something you love that someone kindly provided. 

Really?  Is this a dream?  

When I first noticed this, I couldn't believe my eyes as most folks I know spend their time thinking of ways to keep squirrels OUT of bird feeders, especially during warm-weather months.  But this generous neighbor is a gracious host for the seemingly hundreds of squirrels in our neighborhood.  And, it made me wonder about all the different creatures of the forest who might feed at this buffet.   Indeed, it's a table of plenty but timing is everything as I'm certain the food disappears in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment