Monday, August 24, 2020

Perfect Things

 


One of the things I've recently been more aware of is paying attention to the things that I naturally gravitate toward, including activities, things and places.  Clearly, if you follow my blog, my love of flowers, blooms, plants, trees, and leaves is obvious as I constantly photograph them and post them here.  It's a perfect fit.  

Another great catch was this piece of driftwood that I found while kayaking (another favorite thing).  It was the perfect size to grab from the water and place on the nose of my boat while I paddled back to the dock.  It's about 16" long and an inch and a half in diameter.  After a couple weeks to dry, I sanded the branch (by hand....yes, it's a good work out) with some sandpaper a neighbor graciously shared with me.  At that point it was so beautiful and soft that I just wanted to draw art tangles with some favorite markers.  Bingo!  That also was a perfect match as these colors and patterns are beautiful on this canvas. 

Ahhhh.  Some of my favorite things....they are perfect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment